Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
If you build it right, business will grow.
Our Data Architects know that tapping the true value of data takes more than creating a blueprint and following it; it takes a strategic vision and deep experience. It’s the foundation that supports our company, our business partners and our customers. If creating the framework that’s the envy of the business world captures your imagination, build your career here.
The foundation of what you’ll be doing.
In this role, the successful candidate will drive the development of the EPMO data analytics strategies and capabilities with a primary responsibility of analytical data modeling and development of interactive dashboards that provide actionable business insight for our customers in alignment with enterprise direction. EPMO analytics exist to help internal Product
teams and Business leaders improve their product quality, adhere to process and compliance, financial transparency, and ultimately greater visibility into the product delivery progress.
This role will work closely with other Data Analysts and Data Engineers within the EPMO, as well as our end users and executives; coordinating with these groups to drive excellence in the delivery of our Enterprise EPMO Insights.
• Performs aspects of data strategy and data architecture focused on analytical data modeling and storytelling around tech. strategies, platforms, products, applications and teams. Including data and process governance, envisioning, developing prototypes, testing, and promoting adoption.
• Partners with delivery teams on the creation of analytical data architectures, models and interactive dashboards.
• Helps drive the adoption of "safe" Self-Service analytics.
• Partners with Senior Business Architects, Data Analysts, Engineers and Product Owners to deliver actionable insights through data visualization and insights.
• Assists with bringing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to our offerings.
• Partners with delivery team members to collaborate on our product road map, implement features, establish best practices for the team, and implement standards related to the analytics function for the EPMO.
• Functions as Senior member of an Agile Development team adhering to the enterprise SDLC standards, guidelines and policies.
• Manage analytic data models for analyst consumption.
• Ensure alignment and adherence to standards in project delivery.
• Communicates and works collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation.
• Troubleshoots and debugs issues identified in our data and analytics offerings.
• Works with the product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and gathers requirements based on industry trends, new technologies.
• Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches.
• Finds opportunities to embrace innovative technologies.
• Works closely with product owners on road maps and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 5+ years of Data Architecture, Analytics, and Database Development experience in a professional environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, and Database Development in support of OLAP systems.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and application development a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in developing Data solutions using some of the following technologies: Oracle, MS SQL Server
(including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), HIVE, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MapR, Jethro, Tableau, & Power BI.
Advanced Data Visualization development and proven “Data Story Telling” experience leveraging tools like Tableau.
At the core of Data Architecture
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Database Design
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 6:45:39 PM