There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Delivering features, services, components for travel ecosystem that touches millions of customers across the globe.Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
This high energized Engineer must have:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with leading the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services.
- Familiar with infrastructure technologies and components in distributed and cloud environments
- Exposure to Web Services Security, Batch oriented frameworks, Vertx, Reactive Programming
- Exposure to working with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL etc..) and NoSQL (Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra) databases
- Exposure to working with message driven systems (OpenMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SOAP UI, Postman), Jenkins
- Understands the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Experienced in Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Manages assigned tasks effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Having below skills/knowledge is a plus:
- Experience in developing travel domain API
- Experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile at scale (SAFE), other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Exposure with internationalization and localization
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift is a plus.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019, 10:09:12 AM