Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a
American Express has been making a difference in
people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small,
granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges
and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our
people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping
them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as
they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend
with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new
career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and
momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our
customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops responsive web applications using the best engineering practices
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending 50-60%f time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Mentoring team members and helping out with technical challenges.
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work.
- Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features in partnership with QA Engineers.
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's.
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Senior Engineers, Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary.
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- BS or MS
degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical
- 6+ years software
development experience in a professional environment
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid
application development methods
- Understanding of object-oriented
design and coding with variety of languages
- Exposure to object-oriented
design and development across one or more platforms and languages as
- Exposure to methods relating to
application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed
(multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, data structures, relational databases
and NoSQL databases
in creating and implementing and integrating with REST and SOAP based Web
Web Design, Docker & Cloud technologies and version control systems
with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG,
Selenium, SOAP UI, Postman), Jenkins
- Exposure to Java, JEE, Spring,
- Recognizes the importance of
collaboration to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and
concepts to others
- Manages assigned tasks
effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains,
and documents application components
- Takes part in reviews of own work
and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on
the requirements and specifications provided
- A proven hunger to learn new
technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively
communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the
company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019, 2:33:54 PM