American Express, the world’s most respected service brand, has an outstanding opportunity for the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology to work in the Global Merchant & Network Services Airline Risk Management organization.
Our Airline Risk Management team provide airline industry expertise in managing American Express’ credit risk to over 300 airlines accepting American Express in over 190 countries. Credit risk is derived from our Card Members purchasing tickets in advance of travel. You will be analyzing financial performance of the global airline industry, mining our enterprise data warehouse for early warning risk indicators as well as developing a risk management action check list.
What type of work can you expect to do in the airline risk management team?
- Directly be responsible for a project to deliver early warning signals leveraging our enterprise data warehouse
- Develop a check list to ensure when risk mitigation is needed, we action consistently across our different markets
- Support a new payments work stream to support our commercial card issuer in building business while enhancing merchant risk
- Perform financial statement analysis and review of publicly disclosed
- Competitive compensation, structured networking with peers and colleagues and summer relocation support
- Based in New York City
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between working at one airline or working with over 300 airlines and making a difference across the industry.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquier new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
- Ability to communicate orally & in writing with superiors & peers clearly and consistently.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of the airline industry and an interest in corporate finance and aircraft finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Results driven with the ability to manage projects & initiatives to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups.
- Knowledge and exposure using Excel, Bloomberg Terminals and Teradata.
- Willingness to learn SQL and develop data mining capabilities.
- Permanent U.S. Work Status (in U.S.) (cannot support sponsorship or students with visas)
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program in School of Aviation and Transportation Technology
- Must be a junior or senior
Tags: USUndergrad, Handshake UNV-12520
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019, 10:29:11 AM