Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You know more than the code, you know quality.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline,
- 3 years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Knowledge/skills with SauceLabs, NUnit and Selenium
- Highly preferred to have experience with Java, SQL, Visual Studio and have performed as a scrum master or in a project management lead role.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019, 3:38:42 PM