One Amex is a product development platform which breaks business unit, market, and device boundaries to create cohesion, simplicity, and ubiquity across digital at American Express.
One Amex enables engineers to develop fast, scalable, and consistent websites. Since it follows an inner source model, everyone at American Express can view and contribute to any part of the platform. It is built on an open governance policy!
Being part of One Amex is about being a platform champion to build reusable software that impacts our customers in a positive way though data and content. We are innovative and a global organization with activities in different customer experiences.
Join our team to create exciting new products and services that help all American Express customers. You will collaborate with a set of experienced product managers and help to gather, store, discover, and utilize content, data and information to deliver contextual customer experiences. You'll work closely with our data, analytics, machine learning, personalization, account experiences, consumer, servicing, merchant, and commercial teams to ensure that our platform users have the data and content they need to build the best of the best customer experiences and solve customer problems.
We are looking for a strong analyst who can work at the intersection of business, engineering, user experience, and who is familiar with data analysis, reporting, and web/backend technologies.
- Conduct research on industry best practices to understand the process of optimizing large scale applications with a goal of improving end user experiences and drive conversion, using digital experimentation
- Create requirements for the technology team to deliver on expectations of analytics and business stakeholders
- Work closely with engineering, data, analytics and product management teams to deliver results
- Create user guides to drive adoption of platform capabilities and provide implementation support to clients
- Obsess over customer needs and push to achieve these needs
- Partner across American Express teams to align and seek buy-in for the vision
- Prioritize initiatives (features) and create product roadmaps
- Develop business requirements and user stories
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, math, business, or related discipline;
- Knowledge of web/mobile/platform technologies, data modeling, data infrastructure, and statistical and machine learning
- Ability to work with software development teams, data engineers, and data scientists to launch and improve data lakes and software applications
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to influence other teams
- Experience defining data needs and frameworks for customer facing products
- 1-3 years of experience of as a product manager of complex technologies
- Understanding of the payments industry, or digital experimentation (AB testing) domain
- Track record of shipping enterprise grade global products
- Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019, 6:13:53 PM