Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create engaging digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends. This is a fast-paced team driving the development of digital solutions and partner experiences at American Express.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager to support the development, launch and management of international Peer to Peer (P2P) payment products. Building off the recent launch of our US P2P payment product in the Amex mobile app, we will be looking to expand into new international markets. The person taking this role will work cross-functionally to identify customer needs, define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog. The Senior Product Manager will represent the product with internal stakeholders and our strategic partners alike. They will also lead end to end development efforts across a variety of enterprise platforms and manage a scrum team that owns the international P2P solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes for customers, stakeholders, and partners alike
- Balance the needs of customers, internal stakeholders, and partners, to define the product features, user stories, acceptance criteria, user experience, roadmap and backlog
- Partner with engineers, solutions architects, and designers to deliver product features and platform capabilities
- Continuously improve your agile delivery process in collaboration with your scrum team
- Set and track development/release timelines; navigate intricate dependencies and communicate impacts to stakeholders
- Coordinate across internal/external teams to launch features in market and manage in-market products post-launch
- Conduct qualitative/quantitative research and obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and inform product decisions
- Implement procedures and processes for customer service, operations, and production support
- Document and distribute requirements, user experience, process flows, and data flows
- Support Business Development and Marketing teams with go-to-market activities
- Digest complex legal requirements and create the best outcome possible for customers while meeting those requirements
- Maintain pulse on digital product development trends, competitors and marketplace dynamics, to inform continuous product evolution
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams.
Key qualifications are:
- Preferred: 5+ years experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal/external partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to assess tradeoffs and risks, gain buy-in, make an informed decision, and support that decision with compelling evidence
- Adaptability; able to change your approach based on your audience
- Strong product intuition
- Ability and willingness to be creative within the bounds of the highly regulated environment that is, financial services
- Passion for product and technology; particular desire to learn more about, or have prior experience in digital payments would be beneficial
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019, 12:58:35 PM