American Express is seeking a Diversity talent acquisition professional to lead the diversity recruitment efforts across North America and drive a more diverse and representative workforce.
Global Talent Acquisition function at American Express is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and enhance end-to-end process experience. Concurrently, our I&D efforts are continually educating and upskilling our leaders and our colleagues to build a more inclusive workplace.
The Director of Diversity Talent Acquisition will be responsible for creating innovative strategies that produce an inclusive hiring process by leveraging partnerships, developing processes to build slates and establishing reporting mechanisms. This role will develop and implement diversity and inclusion programs for the talent acquisition function and partner with HR Business Partners, business leaders and recruiters to strategize and deliver solutions that pull prospective candidates through the funnel.
- Create strategies to source, network with and proactively reach out to high quality under-represented US minority and female candidates, people with disabilities and other under-represented groups
- Develop and implement an effective, efficient, and fully-integrated diversity talent acquisition strategy to support the needs of key stakeholders including prospective candidates, hiring leaders, recruiters, HRBPs and senior leadership
- Structure processes and policies that promote diversity and support all social groups
- Leverage tools to establish and support objective, role-related job descriptions, interview questions and other hiring material that contain non-biased language
- Build processes that progress candidates from sourcing to interview slates
- Develop a partnership strategy to leverage key organizations and channels that help support an inclusive sourcing process
- Identify and forge relationships with institutions, organizations and events / conferences to drive awareness of American Express and attract prospective candidates
- Develop and execute in-house diversity events that drive networking and hiring opportunities for American Express
- Consult, advise and influence senior executives on talent acquisition strategies and solutions that improve and sustain business success
- Develop BU Leader Engagement models to gain alignment on priorities and opportunities
- Partner with HRBPs and I&D team to create, facilitate and / or deliver diversity recruitment training for hiring leaders and recruiters to reduce bias in the selection process (campus and experienced)
- Mentor hiring leaders on how to evaluate candidates objectively
- Leverage external network or past sourcing capabilities to attract diverse talent to career opportunities
- Partner with the Recruitment Marketing team for efficient use of talent brand tools, marketing resources, best practices and employer brand promotion opportunities
- Review communications, including pipeline job descriptions, our careers page and social media efforts to reduce biased language
- Manage data-driven decision making process across GTA and in relation to the business
- Create reporting mechanisms and produce metrics / reports outlining progress against initiatives and results
- Perform analysis on business and function diversity data to determine appropriate areas of focus
- Partner with I&D leadership to develop appropriate strategies and tools to improve campus and/or diverse candidate pipelines.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all records in relation to diversity hiring activities and meeting candidate slate requirements (KPI’s) across business units
- 10+ years of progression and accomplished experience in a dynamic, data-driven strategy role with preferred experiences in I&D, HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition and / or Talent Management
- Preferred experience in program and partner management, event activation and recruitment tools, process and technologies
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and excel in creating something from a white space
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders concurrently
- Exceptional communication people leadership, relationship and influence management skills to lead and champion change
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and project management skills
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2019, 11:37:59 AM