The Marketing and Product Team for American Express National Bank (AENB) is a group within the Global Risk, Banking and Compliance Group of American Express that focuses on enabling American Express to build products and services that are both innovative and compliant. The team plays the critical role of partnering with Bank affiliates, specifically Global Commercial Services (GCS), to shape marketing strategy, product development, business direction, and enable key strategic initiatives. Our ultimate goal is to yield products and marketing initiatives that are growth oriented, fully compliant, and are delivered to market faster.
The Manager/Sr. Manager of Marketing and Product partners with GCS product development, marketing and operational risk teams in the execution and governance of new products, capabilities and marketing growth initiatives. He/she is responsible for
- Ensuring all products and growth initiatives meet our customer
commitments, bank policies, and regulatory requirements
- Actively leading bank approval process; define and cascade approval requirements, create a feedback loop, identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with business partners in GCS, Risk, Technology, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Controllership, and other business units.
- Ensuring projects are escalated to Bank Committee and Board of Directors, as appropriate.
The Manager/Sr. Manager will report to the Director, Marketing & Product Team for American Express National Bank.
The successful candidate will be a growth minded marketer, a hands-on collaborator, and business building-oriented individual.
- Deep marketing and product management experience preferred
- Deep working knowledge of the GCS organization and operations is preferred
- Two plus years of banking, operational risk, marketing, or new product management experience.
- Strong partnership building skills, demonstrated leadership, and ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style, ability to influence business leaders and partners.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate and build positive working relationships with all levels within the Company’s organization and its business partners, including the ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed structure; Proven ability to effectively interact with all levels across the organization including Bank leadership/officers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; solid presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational & follow through skills.
- Effectively work independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives.
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and made decisions quickly and effectively.
- Undergraduate degree in Business related field.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Formal project management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and regulatory guidance, a plus
- Willing to travel occasionally to our Salt Lake City and New York offices depending on work location.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 2:02:07 PM