It is an exciting time in Global Merchant & Network Services (GMS). GMNS is one of the core businesses within American Express Canada, and the organization is responsible for driving merchant acceptance coverage.
Reporting to the Director of Field Effectiveness & Regulatory, the Sr. Manager of Coverage Enablement will be responsible for Channel strategy development & prioritization in partnership with the VP of Merchant Acquisition and channel owners (Proprietary Merchant Acquisition, External Sales Agents, Telesales, and OptBlue), including coordination across internal partners (Marketing, Pricing, Operations).
The role will includes the management of direct reports. The Sr. Manager of Coverage Enablement will be a key contributor to achieving GMNS Canada’s merchant coverage expansion goals.
• Channel strategy development & prioritization with VP of Merchant Acquisition and sales channel owners to enable accelerated merchant coverage expansion
• Establishing a Coverage Enablement Centre of Excellence by coordinating with critical stakeholders to streamline the merchant onboarding processes and support technical enablement issues with new & tenured merchants
• Merchant Acquisition Rules of Engagement management/oversight to ensure adherence within and across channels
• Training & Communications Support – ensuring all acquisition channels have appropriate training (new hire & recurring) and ongoing communications
• Supporting product & capability launches (i.e. B2B products, new processes, etc.)
• Ownership of local market bi-weekly/monthly sales meetings & reporting dashboards to drive insights and performance management across all acquisition channels
• Serving as a primary escalation point for resolving merchant issues by partnering with Operations to identify customer-centric solutions and adherence to internal processes
• CRM subject matter expert (customer relationship management) which includes managing user groups, driving consistent adoption, and building reporting/dashboards•Act as a GMNS main point of contact for various key stakeholders such as GMNS marketing, Pricing, Compliance, Issuers and GCO/Compliance
• University degree in business administration, marketing, or 3-5+ years of relevant experience (including people leadership)
• Results driven with proven track record of success in leading high-impact projects with multiple stakeholder groups
• Strategy development and strong problem solving skills including ability to analyze information and produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations
• Relationship building with emphasis on proactive support and collaboration with internal partners and external vendors
• Excellent communication skills, ability to influence behavior without direct authority and find winning solutions
• Customer-centric innovative thinking in improving processes and developing & implementing solutions that appeal to merchants and internal business partners
• Strong understanding and usage of CRM (salesforce.com), with experience providing insights to sales and CLM teams
• Experience working with sales/account development teams to drive aggressive growth targets• Knowledge of Merchant Services business processes and Payments Industry considered a strong asset
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 10:41:24 AM