Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the company’s customer card transactions. The Card Network platform is the critical back bone for all of American Express card transactions and is a near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year.
American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. American Express is looking for strong leaders and engineers to be part of high energy and efficient teams that will build and support our next generation card network systems.
• This is a great opportunity as we have started building the teams in Bangalore and would grow big.
• Lot of innovations happen in payment industry. We are going to lay the foundation in American Express with the new product we are building to enable new possibilities.
• Drive program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train
• Facilitate program increment planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product
management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s)
• Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions
• Partner with business owners, product managers and product owners to help assure strategy,
vision and road map alignment and execution
• Guide and remove impediments for the product engineering teams in design, architecture, implementation and support phases
• Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
• Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities within the scrum team.
• Encourage collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
• Oversight to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to
support implementation of priority features and enablers e.g. Architectural Runway
• Promote compliance with SDLC standards
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be facilitating and guiding engineering teams building highly available and scalable distributed system on the cloud that supports the company's long-term strategy and vision. Your primary responsibility is inculcating agile methodologies, continues improvements and build high performing agile team producing world class large scale distributed platform.
• You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 10+ years of work experience.
• Have been a significant contributor in transforming the teams into high performing agile
• Have been working very closely with multiple teams and come out as people and process
• Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems, experience with Service
Mesh products/frameworks like such as Envoy, Linkerd, Istio, gRPC/ProtoBuf; Distributed
System Management/tracing and monitoring such as Zipkin/Jaeger, ELK Stack, Prometheus
• Have experience in designing and building Cloud native applications. Experience in cloud
platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
• Good to have experience in using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems.
• Have built and delivered large scale enterprise systems/products. Implemented critical aspects of the such systems and have supported such applications in production as SAS service.
• Keen awareness of concerns in massively distributed systems and effective solutions.
• Experience working in DevOps teams and Scrums.
• Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo
and think outside of the box.
• Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective
presentations to Senior Leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,veteran status, or disability status.
American Express Technical Project Manager, Card
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 9:35:48 AM