Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Digital/Product intern, you have the opportunity to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we create digital products to meet the customers of tomorrow.
The Digital/Product internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail when it comes to developing the most effective technology led solutions to improve our customer’s digital experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
Digital interns will serve as a key member of Product teams in any of the following organizations:
Enterprise Digital & Analytics
Amex Digital Labs
Global Commerical Services
Global Advertising and Brand Management
What type of work can you expect to do in Digital at American Express?
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms, following a User Centered Design approach
- Create and manage projects from concept through production; engaging the necessary teams to shape a rich and engaging customer experience
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer, grounding ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our customer research team to incorporate user insights and principles throughout the process.
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing user stories, defining support documents, and conducting usability testing.
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform the product development lifecycle.
Stay on top of market trends and competitive landscape, and evaluate usage data.
Influencing a variety of cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, engineering, legal, compliance, risk) and collaborate across teams
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new and emerging digital products and/or services.
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
Qualifications and Experience Required:
You should have the following skills and qualifications;
- Master’s degree in any Engineering field, Business, Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, Economics, Computer Science, Psychology or job experience in related fields
- Passion for end-to-end customer experience, innovation and user-centered design
- Demonstrated interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with technology partners
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to blend big picture thinking with fine details and manage many stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Any prior experience in driving medium and large-scale capability initiatives (experience rolling out capabilities for customer facing professionals or external third-party partners is highly desired) or as a product owner in developing and enhancing features through continuous optimization will be a plus.
- Digital marketing experience, mobile or web applications, or experience building digital experiences and customer journeys with creative or third-party agencies is highly desired (familiarity with UX/UI principles, Usability testing, Responsive Web Design etc)
- Experience working in agile product ownership role and familiarity with agile methodology is highly desired
- Knowledge of digital conversion optimization, acquisition process in payment/credit card business, networks, platforms, and procedures preferred
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019, 10:44:13 AM