This position serves as a key member of the Global Compliance & Ethics (GCE) Team at American Express providing compliance advisory support and compliance program oversight to the Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business. TLS serves American Express Card Members globally with a full range of travel services, from trip planning and booking, to enhancing the broader travel experience. The successful candidate will help the TLS team accomplish its mission of becoming essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services that help them achieve their aspirations.
This role will primarily focus on the US and EMEA markets. Specifically, the successful candidate will be collaborating with the TLS team to:
- Provide Compliance-related regulatory guidance and support on current/evolving business products, services and operational strategies
- Serve as compliance subject matter expert for key travel, consumer protection and banking laws, and emerging regulations
- Advise senior management on areas of emerging risks and opportunities to establish/enhance necessary controls and practices as appropriate
- Provide leadership and guidance to business colleagues with regard to compliance related projects
- Coordinate with business colleagues on the identification and resolution of any compliance gaps in business systems and processes
- Support the American Express Compliance Risk Management framework including annual compliance plans, quarterly assessments, and issue management
- Partner with the General Counsel’s Organization and Market Compliance Officers to research laws, regulations, operating policies and procedures to provide guidance to business partners regarding regulatory requirements
- Support regulatory examinations and internal/external audits as necessary
- Strategic thinker that manages through business challenges tactically, while staying focused on driving pragmatic solutions to compliance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt easily to frequent change.
- Strong project management and collaboration skills; ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities and cross-functional projects under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research, assess and determine regulatory impact to business systems, processes and initiatives and influence decisions accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at different levels of the organization.
- Strong consultative skills to support business partners; proven ability to build and grow relationships; effectively communicate requirements and issues to all levels of staff and management; able to influence others to achieve desired results.
- Travel industry, compliance, risk or legal experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of European Union and Member States’ regulatory framework is a plus.
- CAMS or CRCM certification is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019, 5:01:00 AM