The IRA Specialty Team is a newly created department, part of the American Express Enterprise Bank Servicing group. In this IRA Specialty Team, you will deliver a world-class experience for American Express National Bank customers during every interaction. You'll provide personalized customer service of the highest level by supporting our Customer First framework, establishing rapport and presenting a positive, friendly attitude. You will be empowered to serve our Customers through the channel of the Customer's preference, such as inbound calls, outbound calls and online servicing.
The IRA Customer Service Specialist position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service that exceeds IRA Owner expectations in all contact interactions. This position requires an advanced level of Traditional and Roth IRA knowledge and is primarily responsible for providing front-line call center and operational process support to IRA Owners. The IRA Customer Service Specialist processes applications, verifies documentation, processes distribution requests, rollovers from 401k plans, and responds to IRA owner inquiries.
- Subject matter expert for IRA required to keep up to date on industry news and responsible for product knowledge on current IRS and State rules.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of IRA regulatory requirements and industry trends with an eye for consumer and institution opportunities
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations in handling account transactions and IRS reporting as well as servicing accounts for distribution, transfers and rollovers.
- Develop procedures, provide guidance on process improvement measures to streamline operations
- Provide guidance and adhere to policies and procedures for opening and maintaining IRAs
- Adhere to policies for opening and maintaining IRA accounts including; maintenance and implementation for effective and efficient departmental work flow processes to ensure proper handling of IRA paperwork and documentation
- The position will be responsible for daily review of all activity on IRA accounts to ensure transactions are processed correctly and forms are completed to prevent and minimize any tax reporting issues.
- Monitor, process, & verify daily transactions and scheduled distribution/contributions, including annual required minimum distributions
- Processes and verifies new and revised customer IRA account documentation, including monetary and non-monetary maintenance
- Reviews and records accurate account corrections for tax reporting
- Maintains thorough knowledge and expertise in current IRA rules and regulations.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
- Three to Five years financial services (IRA), customer service experience requested. (A minimum of 3 years related experience in Banking Operations, experience in ACH and Deposit Operations preferred)
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with customer account information.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving, decision making skills, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Phone etiquette skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong team orientation required; must be capable of contributing and succeeding in a team-based environment
- Able to adjust and succeed in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be flexible and adjust to schedule and adapt to the changing needs of the department
- Ability to multitask (talk, type, navigate).
- Must have PC/Windows-based software experience and proficient in various Microsoft application including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019, 4:11:01 PM