The successful candidate will join Global Merchant Service (GMS) business unit in Taiwan. GMS has variety talents to manage merchant relationship, grow merchant coverage via strategic sales, partnership, account expansion, and field sales, and aim to maximize discount billed volume. This is an acquisition team leader role suitable for those who has more than two years of team supervision experiences and is aspired to further develop people management and business development skills in American Express. He or she will manage 10 individual field sales. The objective of this role is to drive significant coverage growth in small merchant space of Taipei city through deploying a high energy sales team in targeted districts and proactive cold calls. The leader also has to ensure smooth merchant on-boarding process and optimize quality, risk and acquisition target.
- Lead merchant field sales team to achieve top line sales metrics including New LIF, Active LIF, BCV, cross selling, and etc.
- Identify & close knowledge and skillset gaps for individual salespersons
- Conduct new hire orientation, coaching and refresher training for existing team members
- Training is not confined to classroom but active joint calls in field as well
- Develop selling strategy / tactics & test new ideas to drive sales performance and a positive and high performance results driven culture.
- Support Channel Manager in developing ad-hoc incentive programs ideas in boosting sales momentum
- Track, measure & drive individual sales and team performance (performance includes sales, proprietary terminal sell in, marketing program sell-in, and other performance metrics) on daily basis and update Channel Manager on weekly basis
- Prepare and conduct program briefings in an organized manner and clear communication style; Follow through progress of programs with individual salespersons and support team in achieving program target
- Provide reporting and operation support for merchant on-boarding & team performance (includes monitor and improve activation, monthly payroll, merchant on-boarding process improvement)
- Manage sales turnover, support hiring process and review of talents.
- College diploma or above
- More than 2 years of solid sales supervision experience with proven track record
- Good spoken and written Chinese and English
- problem-solver, excellent communicator, organized and comfortable with reportings
- Able to coach and lead by example
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Experience in Payments / Credit Cards / Bank / Industry selling into Merchants preferred
- Experience in managing field sales preferred
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 4:14:12 PM