Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Director, JAPA Social Media Communications will lead our enterprise social media efforts in the Japan/Australia/Asia Pacific region across social platforms. He or she will be responsible for bringing the Powerful Backing of American Express to life across social in a way that drives meaningful connections and engagement with our cardmembers, prospects and fans. The Director will lead the development and execution of localized strategies and plans to address market needs in close conjunction with the Global Social Media Comms team as well as regional colleagues in brand, servicing, paid media, product and acquisition to ensure the organic social content strategy supports the company’s business priorities, is integrated with paid media, and can be leveraged to drive leads and loyalty.
· Develop and manage the JAPA region’s social media strategy focusing on building engaged communities and driving advocacy for American Express across social platforms.
· Deliver organic social media content and campaigns that extend the narrative and reach of key company priorities
· Manage a JAPA-specific social media editorial calendar and optimize content sharing and exchange.
· Collaborate with and manage agency partners to develop engaging social strategies and content that drive the business
· Support a network of international social media leads; conduct education sessions and training, share best practices, and oversee process to approve new local market social media presences
· Be the champion of social as a platform in JAPA, collaborating closely with business units company-wide from the servicing team to brand team to the acquisition team and beyond.
· Partner across the organization to leverage paid media, platform analytics and listening tools. Translate data into actionable insights to spot trends and assess the performance of social campaigns.
· Measure performance and benchmarking of social channels and key campaigns.
· Use social channels to spot, manage and respond to sensitive issues -- speaking to and building relationships with our audiences on social is core to our customer experience.
· Partner with social platforms to identify new and innovative ways to engage our audiences.
· Remain up-to-date with emerging platforms, trends and best practices in social media, digital marketing and measurement and share perspective.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience leading and developing social media campaigns in a highly-matrixed, collaborative environment with specific experience on global brands/businesses.
· You’re an effective leader with excellent judgment and people management skills.
· You’re a creative and strategic problem solver, a self-starter and have proven social media’s ability to drive tangible results
· You have experience working with creative, strategy, media and platform teams to build effective strategies and campaigns
· You have proven success operating in a Global role, working across regions and cultures
· You live and breathe social and are obsessed with trends and culture.
· You are a strong written and oral communicator, with attention to detail.
· You know how to package a story, understand the importance of visual elements and can direct photo and video shoots.
· You are proficient in using social media listening and publishing tools and reporting analytics and insights.
· You roll up your sleeves and work with a "no task is too small" attitude.
· You are always thinking "how can we do this better?"
· You thrive in a fluid environment and can manage multiple priorities and think and act on your feet.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 5:37:55 PM