As part of JAPA Global Network Services (GNS) Finance Team, she/he will report to the JAPA GNS Finance Director and will be the key finance reference for the local business teams.
She/he will play a critical role in project-based decision support, partner deal analysis, financial planning, investment optimization, recurring results tracking. She/he will be the key finance partner of the local Business Teams, integrating their projects into the JAPA regional strategy.
The successful candidate will actively engage business partners and provide financial leadership across cross-functional teams to analyze, derive, and communicate valuable deals and market-related analysis and insights. Further, by leveraging her/his financial knowledge, will help formulate the key strategies and make recommendations on how to best drive AmEx growth and profitability with a high degree of independence.
Business Decision Support: Partner with the JAPA Business Teams and other key constituents across the entire organization (e.g. Business Development, Product Management, Marketing, Acquisitions, Controllership). Provide senior management with timely finance-related analysis and recommendations across a range of critical business decisions, including long term business planning, transformation and partnership strategy.
Yearly Planning / Investment Optimization: serve as a key contact for the centralized HQ Planning & Forecasting/DSCOE teams while driving the business forecasting and investment optimization processes for the JAPA Global Network Service business. Gather firsthand inputs from business partners to accurately project business performance/investments based on current trends, risks, and opportunities.
Results Tracking & Reporting: Provide detailed analysis and supporting commentary on actuals vs. budget variances partnering with DSCOE/Controllership. Examine monthly results and P&L outcomes, communicate business performance and inform senior management on JAPA region financial reporting data.
- Candidate with 4-6 years of financial analysis, corporate finance, and/or relevant experience acquired in a client advisory role at Amex and/or Big 4 accounting firm, top tier management consulting firm, or multinational investment bank preferred
- MBA with a Finance qualification or equivalent experience
- Exceptional data analytics/management and Excel-spreadsheet expertise; prior experience constructing and taking end-to-end ownership of complex, scenario-driven, and dynamic financial models
- Strong people collaboration in working with multifunctional teams
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with senior executives and cross-functional teams and to understand key business issues and concerns from multiple perspectives. Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently; effective at prioritizing multiple work-streams and meeting tight internal and external partner deadlines
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019, 6:12:42 AM