American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
Why work for American Express?
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
The Global Servicing Network (GSN) organization delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, merchants and commercial clients around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services. The GSN Servicing Insights & MIS team (part of GSN Global Strategy & Support organization) is the primary point of contact for all GSN information needs and is responsible for Executive Decision Support through advanced analytics and MIS. The team has a global footprint and this position will be based out of the American Express Service Center in Gurgaon, India.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing Analytical & Decision Support across GSN through advanced analytics (from sourcing to staging data, generating insights to exposing them for consumption via reporting platforms/strategy implementation)
- Enabling business user self-service through creation of MIS capabilities
- Systematically identify out of pattern activities in a timely manner and address information gaps by providing insightful analytics
- Working independently assuming responsibility for the development, validation and implementation of projects
- Participate on global teams evaluating processes and making suggestions for process and system improvements
- Interacting with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with at least 2 years in Quantitative Business Analysis/Data Science with experience in handling large data sets
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical Skills and be a conceptual and innovative thinker
- Excellent programming skills on Hive/SAS/SQL/Teradata is essential with good understanding of Big Data ecosystems
- Exposure to Python/R/Statistical packages, familiarity with NLP, Neural Networks, AI will be an added advantage
- Project management skills and ability to identify and translate business information needs into insights and information cubes for ease of consumption in reporting and analytics
- Proven thought leadership, strong communication, relationship management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field will be an added advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 2:33:11 AM