There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The American Express Global Remittance platform powers the movement of over one trillion dollars around the world every year. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology, a passion to deliver value, interested in a new challenge and seeking an opportunity to further advance their skills and career.
The Global Remittance team is part of American Express’ Enterprise Platforms organization. Enterprise Platforms is a newly formed organization whose core purpose is to transform, the platform solution-delivery model for American Express, dramatically improving our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency while simultaneously delivering world class software products to our customers.
The Enterprise Platforms team has three core charters of responsibility:
- Platforms: This team is the proving ground for transforming our software delivery model so that a single unified team is responsible for the product development, engineering, architecture and service management of enterprise platforms. Today, there are four large scale platforms within Enterprise Platforms: Global Remittance, Global Loyalty & Benefits, Global Salesforce, and Global Accounts Receivable.
- Platform Strategy: This team will ensure cohesive oversight of platforms across the Enterprise, including infrastructure uplift and the resolution of overlapping priorities as well as how AXP’s platforms adapt to emerging trends and customer demands.
- Product Management: This team will serve as a product talent management hub, help drive consistency of product management practices and build a talent pipeline, as well as foster a collaborative culture across the Enterprise.
- The Payments landscape across American Express is undergoing unprecedented change that includes rapid development of new product innovations, evolving technology standards and an ever-changing money movement landscape.
- The successful candidate will focus on the execution of program priorities, maintaining conceptual and technical integrity and quality control.
- Works with key partners, stakeholders, and colleagues to define a product vision and strategy that is aligned with the high-level product roadmap
- Understands and applies new trends and market standard methodologies
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs
- Enable cross-functional collaboration with relevant teams within the product scope
- Leads the creation of a Product Backlog for a specific product
- Partner with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Coordinates communications and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog
- 3+ years of Product Management or relevant experience with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision and strategy
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
- Proven track record managing large, complex features or products
- Payment Industry Knowledge a plus
- Software Engineering experience a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019, 12:56:12 PM