US Consumer Operational Excellence team’s mission is to enable business growth by implementing a robust risk assessment and controls framework that drives superior customer experience, accountability, and a strong control environment. The critical enablers of the team’s success are deeper engagement at a product and process level, and collaboration with business partners to foster a culture that strikes the right balance between risk, controls and accountability.
The Sr. Analyst Operational Excellence – US Consumer Lending will support in driving excellence in the application of the Operational Risk Framework (e.g. comprehensive risk assessments, implementation of robust preventative and detective controls, and making pragmatic decisions to resolve issues). The role will also collaborate with colleagues from various organizations to drive key programs and deliverables e.g. Product Management, Global Banking, Compliance, Technology, Risk, EDA and Global Servicing Network.
- Provide support over all Operational Excellence program requirements for the US Consumer Lending business
Deliver functional assistance for key operational risk programs like Issue Management (Corrective Actions and Loss Events), New Product Approvals, Process Risk Self Assessments etc.
Ensure risks and controls are updated based on process enhancements and product launches.
Exemplify strength in the American Express Leadership Model: Set the Agenda, Bring other with you and Do it the right way
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Prior experience in operational risk management, product development, audit or compliance a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Lending Products and Platforms/Capabilities a plus
- Ability to understand large complex processes and translate technical process jargon into simpler messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships with colleagues across multiple business functions
- Team player and self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple workstreams.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Self-starter and motivated
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 3:59:27 PM