Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Legal Program Analyst
The legal industry is changing and the Central Legal Team at Amex is on the journey too! Transforming not only the way we work, but how we use technology to deliver bigger and better every day.
Come and join us on our journey – be part of a team that is challenging the status quo, trialling new technology, and hoping to make a difference.
The role will be based in Brighton.
We are looking for an individual with a keen analytical and program management focus to help us deliver key programs for the legal team at Amex.
This international role will focus on the smooth and effective running of activities related to the legal team’s role in the American Express Compliance Risk Management program in various jurisdictions with particular emphasis on the regulatory change management and legal inventory programs.
The individual will also work with the Central Legal Services team to deliver its mission to provide efficient, innovative, consistent and high quality legal support across Amex.
Supporting and administering the Regulatory Change Management (RCM) process including:
- providing training to RCM users
- maintaining internal process and other documentation and materials related to the RCM program
- reviewing the quality of RCM records and providing feedback and additional support to users
- creating RCM health reports and reports regarding regulatory developments and trends
- continually reviewing the effectiveness of the program, identifying areas for improvement and standardisation
- liaising with vendors involved in the provision of RCM related services, including providing feedback to vendors to optimise services
- liaising with Central Compliance in the day-to-day delivery of the RCM program, including administering the RCM platform
- coordinating and supporting RCM meetings and updates
- Provide support for the Central Legal Services Team and their work, including managing and contributing to tasks such as:
- understanding the team’s user base using qualitative and quantitative tools, and managing multiple on-going data requests from key stakeholders
- the maintenance and development of key reporting dashboards which are used to inform strategic and operational decision making
- process mapping, definition and refinements
- trialling and implementing legal technology initiatives using a project-based approach with both existing and new technology solutions
- data analytics concerning outside counsel engagements and Key Performance Indicators for the department
Assist in the ongoing development and evolution of the RCM platform and process, including working with Central Compliance, AET and external technology providers
Assist in the maintenance of the Global Legal Inventory (GLI), including coordinating legal team tasks (certifications, answering queries) in conjunction with the Compliance department
Take on ad-hoc tasks for the benefit of the broader legal team
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express are pleased to offer a competitive international relocation package for the right candidate that possess the correct right to work in the UK. Further details and conditions will be shared on application.
Fluent in English
Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Sharepoint (desirable)
Experience working with technology and software (desired), or IT literate with keen interest to learn
Experience of data analysis and creating reports and dashboards (desirable)
Project management experience (desirable)
Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to current process to enhance efficiency and productivity
Some familiarity with a commercial legal, risk or compliance environment
Ideal Personal Attributes:
Close attention to detail and strong administrative and organisational skills
Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills, including the ability to quickly grasp complex issues
Strong, intellectual curiosity, creative thinking and resourcefulness
Accountable team player who is able to build a network of positive relationships with teams in a number of countries
Professional, customer-centric work ethic
Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment and perform duties with minimal supervision
Self-starter who is motivated to persevere to drive the right results
Able communicator who is able to engage with people at all levels of the GCO
Cultural sensitivity and positive attitude to change
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2019, 3:55:26 PM