About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
GNO is a critical Organisation within American Express as it runs the Network used by our Global Partners (Acquirers and Issuers) to process card transactions. GNO also provides the platforms, defines the policies and creates exciting new products consumed by our Global Partners.
This job opportunity is located within GCS (Global Certification Services), which is the arm of GNO dedicated to onboard new customers and products. This entails securely connecting our Proprietary Merchants, Processors, etc. and Network Partners to the American Express Network and certifying the authorisations and clearing messages developed by them before they are migrated to Production. GCS also supports and certifies existing customer when deploying new and existing products such as EMV, contactless, Safekey, QR, mobile wallets and SRC (only to name a few).
Geographically, GCS operates and functions as a global organization with Hubs in locations such as Phoenix, UK, Gurgaon, India, Sydney and Singapore.
Within the above context a Manager opportunity has arisen to lead the GCS Gurgaon Team made of more than 10 professionals (made of Full Time Employees and Contractors). This Team provides services and support to the rest of the GCS geographical areas, as well to our external customers, and other Groups within American Express, such as Global Merchant Services (GMS), Global Network Services (GNS); and other servicing functions such as Technologies (AET) and the Global Services Group (GSG).
Purpose of the Role:
The incoming Manager will lead the GCS Gurgaon Team made of more than 10 professionals (made of Full Time Employees and Contractors). This Team provides services and support to the rest of the GCS geographical areas, as well to our external customers, and other Groups within American Express, such as Global Merchant Services (GMS), Global Network Services (GNS); and other servicing functions such as Technologies (AET) and the Global Services Group (GSG).
• To Build new and leverage existing relationships with internal and external partners and customers across multiple levels of the organisation.
• To demonstrate succinct, customised, and accurate communication skills (verbal, written, remote).
• To develop and maintain set of metrics or benchmarks (such as service levels, quality, financials, etc.) that are used to monitor and measure performance.
• To Lead the project delivery of high profile business critical initiatives, which impact the Certification services.
• To analyze and provide consultancy on certification support requests, providing accurate impact and risk assessments.
• To develop and document certification processes and procedures for new initiatives.
• Excellent relationship management used to influence without authority both internally and externally, across multiple international territories with different cultural considerations.
• Proven collaborative skills and experience leading without authority to influence internal partners.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications to represent GCS at multiple levels of the Organisation and gain credibility.
• Ability to gather and analyze data, and explain complex business challenges in a succinct and clear way, so that Management can act upon it.
• Excellent core project management skills.
• Proven business analysis and project planning experience including strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Payments industry/process including but not limited to EMV, Express Pay, SafeKey, mobile wallets, POS products etc.
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple high profile projects simultaneously in a fast paced multi-time zoned environment.
• Highly self-motivated and result driven with the ability to work without supervision in a matrix management organization and demonstrate teamwork as required.
• Ability to work flexibly in an ever changing environment – demonstrating adaptability
• Track-record of success in delivering multiple complex workstreams in a client-facing commercial environment – managing multiple priorities.
• People management experience.
Critical Factors to Success:
To have a natural ability to create and manage customer relationships.
2. To find collaborative solutions to manage workloads and project priorities with the resources available in the Team.
3. Excellent core Project and Change Management skills.
4. To have a technical, analytical, and inquisitive mind to understand how the certification processes work (key players, standards, platforms, specifications, etc).
5. To have a passion for leading, developing and getting the most out of an excellent Team.
6. Above all, to have a customer centric mindset, interest for learning, innovate and push the boundaries, and a deep focus on driving results.
Global Certification Services (GCS) is part of the Service Experience organization within the American Express Global Network Business. GCS's core focus is on host and Point Of Sale network set up, certification & deployment processes for all Network participants (merchants, processors, network issuers & acquirers) ensuring participants are able to transact successfully with the American Express Network. In addition, GCS supports internal initiatives, new products and capabilities that impact or need to be added to the certification processes such as SafeKey, GRRCN and File setups, EMV and Express way. GCS operates and functions as a global organization with teams in Phoenix, Brighton, Sydney, India, Japan and Singapore.
This role is defined within the Payments Industry space and involves working with customers of American Express Enablement.
Use internal IT systems/tools to enable participants to send/receive financial information to/from Amex (e.g. Submissions/Settlement file)
Work closely with a variety of internal IT, Business & Servicing teams to onboard a new partner or enable a new functionality for an existing partner
• Reporting: Delivery of insights to senior management and analysis of data and prepared management reports on audit findings on weekly, monthly and quarterly via interaction with senior management. Presented the data reports, provided useful insights from it and created dashboard for the projects.
• Project Management: Project Planning & Implementation of automation on multiple processes; Saved 50% of operations time, increased quality, evaluated procedural standards controls. Designing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Leadership Experience: Able to lead team to on daily BAU activities along with meeting individual, group, department, and organizational goals.
• Documentation: Develop/Modify process flows, test template, SOP, UAT user stories
• Exception Management, Escalation, CRM updates
Shift Timings: Day Shift (8:30AM – 5:30PM)
• Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong aptitude, and overall thirst for learning.
• Technical proficiency (MS Office fluency, web-based applications, etc.). - Knowledge of Payments industry/process including but not limited to SafeKey, SFT, File processing tools, etc.
• Strong self-starter, team player, who thrives in a fast-past, lean, and often times ambiguous environment and is able to work independently with minimal supervision. - Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sounds judgment; flawless execution of tasks.
• Ability to lead projects which require risk assessment and quality control
• Proven leadership experience of minimum 2 years is a must
• Ability to identify and create process work flows. - Excellent project/time management skills, ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks while adhering to established deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple high profile projects simultaneously in a fast paced multi-time zoned environment - Flexible to collaborate with multiple organizational and global teams across various time-zone and onshore/offshore teams.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive relationships with professionals at all levels.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. - Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive relationships with professionals at all levels.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 8:21:45 AM