Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Prepare external financial filings and reports in accordance with Mexican regulatory reporting requirements for submission to the Regulators CNBV & Banxico
• Advise on local financial regulatory environment and requirements.
• Respond to and resolve all MEXGAAP legal entity related queries raised by local market customers, business partners and regional finance team.
• Ensure all Statutory & Regulatory reporting requirements are completed accurately and on timely basis.
• Ensure MEXGAAP financial statements for all Canadian legal entities are prepared accurately and on timely basis.
• Support and external and internal auditors and regulators during external audits and regulatory reviews
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Qualified Accountant (CGA / CMA / CPA).
• At least 4 - 5 years external reporting experience in financial services industry.
• Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting and reporting, including understanding of regulatory compliance requirements.
• Solid knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
• High proficiency in MS-Office applications and Essbase/analytical software.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to collaborate across geographies in a matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations.
• Strong understanding of financial systems and processes as well as control environment.
• Experience with change management and project management
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019, 7:11:13 PM