Background: American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The GCS Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies with annual revenue of $10M-$300M.
Set priorities, coach, lead team, and engage with key client contacts to drive New Sales from prospective clients and Expansions/ Cross-Sales from current clients with annual revenue of $10M-$50M (Phone) and $10M-$300M (Field)
Manage and coach sales individual contributors
Drive performance and results of a sales team
Execute sales strategy and adapt plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
Make decisions based upon policies, procedures and business plan
Resolve issues to close sales and drive BCV
- Proactively reinforces the value of partnering with Amex, highlighting key industry-specific pillars of the value proposition
- Maximizes the perceived value of products and solutions by challenging existing and embedded beliefs and perceptions
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Uses appropriate communication methods and styles to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Identifies and quantifies opportunities and develops a sales plan with specific methods for approaching specific opportunities
- Plans, prioritizes, and conducts an ongoing review of district strategic activities, leveraging historical sales performance data
- Provides individualized skills-improvement assistance, aiding in self-discovery and encouraging self-generated solutions
- Nurtures performance and reinforces success of direct reports, supporting development of both existing and latent skillsets
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019, 12:39:22 PM