Membership Web Associate Product Manager
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) works closely with colleagues across the entire company to drive growth and further differentiate Amex in a competitive marketplace by accelerating our digital products and services. Within EDA, the Enterprise Digital Membership Experiences (EDME) team focuses the core customer experiences, including Web, Native App, SMS, Email and Push. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and other partners.
The Membership Web Product Operations team drives the membership web channel by connecting teams and processes that enable and optimize the delivery of essential digital experiences at a global scale. This team works closely with our product, design and engineering teams to increase transparency, drive efficiency in product development and speed to market of product delivery. It is also responsible for leading prioritization, planning, process improvements and build strong relationships both internally and externally.
This Associate Product Manger will help manage the global enablement of core digital experiences across the membership web portfolio.
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to enter, transition into, or develop a career in product ownership. This role requires strong engagement with an extended international stakeholder network. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance. The individual must be organized and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve.
- Lead the execution of the global product enablement roadmap in collaboration with global product owners
- Perform routine market analysis to help identify key opportunities for feature deployment
- Liaise with market partners on a regular basis to understand market priorities / customer pain points and inform product priorities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders and establish an efficient communication cadence with same.
- Deconstruct product priorities into well written features and user stories to guide the work of engineers across multiple scrum teams
- Communicate with partners from international markets to uplift features across a global codebase – serve as point of contact for market
- Perform/assist QA activities in feature roll out and ensure timely resolution of all bugs and defects
- Work with multiple scrum teams to see features through from engagement to delivery
- Create product documentation as needed
- Work creatively to overcome challenges and blockers that create risk to a planned delivery schedule
- Be part of a collaborative, outcome-driven agile team to build, execute, innovate and manage new digital features and capabilities for American Express Card Members
• Collaborative – our role is largely partnership driven, so experience building and managing solid relationships is crucial as you will be working with Product/Capability owners, local marketing teams & technology partners.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic
• Flexible to hold meetings / collaborate with market partners off hours
• Strategic thinking – Ability to see both the big picture and the details and to translate business requirements into actionable features and delivery plan.
• Detail oriented – active involvement in backlog development requires a process-driven mindset with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage details in an environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
• Comfortable within the JIRA and Confluence space
• Knowledge of Agile Lean Startup/Customer Development Process
• 1+ years of agile product development experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 12:02:47 PM