There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
This role exists within the Global Statement Technology organization, where the team is part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence. They are responsible for the technology platform that produces statements for all American Express card members throughout the US. As such this is a highly critical platform, supporting our compliance obligations, marketing needs and is the mandatory communication channel for every card member each month.
The team is looking for a talented and experienced product manager to drive the transformation of Global Statement capabilities for the company, whilst supporting the key stakeholder initiatives that drive business growth.
The team’s vision is to provide 1st class global customer communications through close partnership with our stakeholders, developing re-usable capabilities, optimizing investment, reducing time-to-market, and innovating. This will be achieved working on a range of proprietary platforms and the integration of third-party tools that utilize a variety of technologies.
In this role, you will be part of a team that is responsible for driving the vision and execution, from gathering requirements through implementation and optimization. To do this, you will collaborate with technology and business leaders, and partner to shape and translate a software product vision. You will lead designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and statement capabilities.
- Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with product objectives
- Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value.
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance test criteria within Business and Technology initiatives.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories.
- Partner with Global peers to drive capability globalization and market adoption of platform capabilities where appropriate
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
- Enable analytics to drive decision making. Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap.
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement.
- Champion, support and implement of agile principles
- 5+ years experience in Software Product Management (or Technical Product Management)
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap from inception through maintenance while maintaining a customer first mindset.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally, across multiple locations.
- Excellent executive presence with strong written & verbal communication.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies
- High degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scrum, Agile, Scaled Agile Framework and principles; proficiency in Design Thinking a plus
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks. Ability to manage scope to a budget.
- Ability to think creatively and influence decision making across departments and levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019, 12:14:47 PM