Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, design, writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers
3 – 7 years of strong software development experience building scalable, high performance and mission critical software systems using Java, C++ or Go
Ability to identify performance bottlenecks and drive availability through code instrumentation and monitoring using technologies such as Prometheus, Dynatrace etc.
Excellent grasp of server-side technologies and optimizations using caching, asynchronous programming and fault tolerant strategies
Experience with multi-threaded programming, data structures & web services
Prior experience creating REST APIs and microservices
Knowledge of containers (docker), orchestration (Kubernetes) and serverless technologies
Exposure to frameworks and toolkits such as Springboot, vert.x, Spring
Knowledge of identity concepts such as Authentication & Authorization, crypto concepts such as hashing & encryption and federation protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC
Zeal and enthusiasm to learn new concepts and try innovative solutions
Be customer oriented and has passion to create reusable frameworks and platforms
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
- API design experience
- Experience with creating cloud ready software
- Experience interfacing and supporting internal and external teams
- Identity domain expertise working on identity related products or system
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2020, 3:34:07 PM