Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Our Employment Lawyers understand that our people are at the heart of American Express’ business. They closely collaborate with colleagues across Human Resources and the broader business to support the organizational goals that continue to develop our talent base, whilst ensuring our employees are treated fairly and appropriately.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual to get involved in a broad range employment law matters across the JAPA markets. The candidate should preferably be located in the Singapore office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic advice and collaboration regarding employment law decisions to the business and Human Resources.
- Advising generally in relation to individual and collective non-contentious employment issues and ensuring good practice legal compliance.
- Providing support on the implementation of legal developments and initiatives and review of related materials, drafting and negotiation of policies and procedures especially as part of an international or global company.
- Managing litigation by instructing and liaising with outside counsel and business owners and ensure appropriate reporting and reserves in accordance with applicable accounting policies.
- Forging strong relationships with internal clients and external counsel.
- Working closely with Market and Line of Business HR teams to support the completion of their goals.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following core skills and experience:
- Fully qualified Lawyer, with expertise and experience in employment law.
- A second Asian language a strong advantage.
- Excellent drafting skills, with demonstrable expertise and experience of drafting and negotiating termination agreements.
- Solid experience of a broad range of employment law matters
- Strong communication skills.
You will also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Excellent relationship management and people skills. Keen to collaborate throughout the organisation – a team player. Able to form and maintain strong working relationships within the GCO and with clients
- Ability to provide firm guidance on complex and sensitive issues with the appropriate balance of commercial risk.
- Strategic thinker with good business understanding and excellent analytical skills with due attention to detail.
- Able to think on feet, multitask and prioritise.
- The ability to recognise and manage challenge from internal clients.
- Ability to respond to business issues with workable solutions often under critical time pressure
- Enthusiasm to get involved in new areas/jurisdictions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019, 11:51:41 PM