Do more than create sales. Create value.
If you expect American Express are only looking for Financial Services or Blue-Chip experience, raise your expectations.
Our Global Commercial Payments Team offers businesses of all sizes award-winning payment solutions that provides greater rewards, improved cashflow and visibility and control of spend.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to join our Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Sales team in Brighton, in the role of “Business Development Executive” (BDE). In return we offer great training and a fantastic opportunity to meet and exceed your targets as part of a successful and collaborative team.
At American Express the SME segment offers outstanding growth and has great focus and investment due to the relatively untapped opportunity it presents. This is a telephone based, highly rewarded sales role, with an excellent package including an uncapped incentive scheme. It requires creativity, determination and drive with a desire to succeed, but it doesn't require blue chip sales professional experience.
- Winning new business on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling – understanding customer needs and offering the most appropriate product and services
- Building and managing your own sales pipeline, targeting UK companies in the SME sector
- Identifying key decision makers and articulating the benefits of an Amex business card solution using strong communication and objection handling skills
- Effective time management to drive the end to end sales process including articulating the benefits, application process and progressing the company through the required stages
- Work with internal teams in New Accounts and Risk Management to provide all relevant information to correctly evaluate applications and assign lines of credit on new accounts
- Success will be measured by number of new Card Members signed, booked charge volume on new Card Members, effective pipeline management, time management, ability to engage / motivate prospects and leadership skills.
To find out more about life in Sales at American Express, please click on the following link:
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ideally but not essentially, previous sales experience, either face to face or telephone based
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and desire to meet and beat goals
- Experience negotiating and objection handling
- Highly motivated, with a track record of exceeding expectations and/or targets
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on over delivering on your target
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to manage multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Responsible, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at all levels
- Reliable, resilient and determined with a real “Will to win”
As an SME BDM at American Express, you’ll enjoy a collaborative culture; one where you have ultimate control over your earning potential receiving an excellent, uncapped commission package, based on your personal contribution.
As you would expect from the American Express Brand, your successes will be recognised financially as well as receiving great investment in your personal and career growth within American Express, supported and encouraged by your manager.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020, 4:48:21 AM