Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Converged Infrastructure is comprised of the data networks, storage, servers, campus infrastructure and data centers. The CI team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and operations of the infrastructure with the objective of providing excellent customer service, high availability, cost effective, secure and compliant services for our customers to consume.
This Executive Assistant role will report directly into the Converged Infrastructure Vice President. The successful candidate must have a keen attention to detail; strong communication, writing and editing skills; and a willingness to be a deadline-driven team player. A strong candidate will also be a motivated, creative self-starter with sharp problem-solving skills.
- Being the initial liaison and primary communication point person for leaders, teams, and external client/partners
- Work alongside and collaborate with other executive assistants
- Organization and maintenance of the outlook calendar using a high level of integrity, interacting with senior leaders of AXP, different time zones and international markets
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events; making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering as needed
- Making complex travel itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas
- Assisting the VP with booking meetings
- Prioritizing what is meaningful and urgent
- Acknowledging receipt/replies on behalf of the VP
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices; review expenses submitted to leader for approval and highlight any out of policy spend
- Document/presentation creation and maintaining organization charts
- Support onboarding for all new employees and contractors
- Assist in ordering supplies and other administrative support tasks
- Ad hoc project work as directed by leadership
- Strong MS Office experience: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong work ethic and highly self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle pressure in a deeply dynamic environment
- Strong follow-up skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with administrative tasks that create and support an organized and efficient environment
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within established timeframes while demonstrating flexibility
- Experience in a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings and arranging travel
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Concur, Ariba, ITSC, DGM Tool, etc. preferred but not required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 6:38:52 PM