Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Release Train Engineer
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services.
In order to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience across channels, the One Amex team is focused on creating a suite of products that enable fast, scalable, and consistent application development, transforming how we approach design, data, analytics, and more across the customer lifecycle.
We are hiring for a Technical Portfolio Manager who will help streamline and provide structure to the end-to-end delivery of capabilities across the One Amex suite of products. You will act as a coach for the product and development teams, helping them mature in their execution of Agile methodologies. Additionally, you will facilitate cross-team planning sessions, managing impediments and risks to overall delivery. You will work closely with the One Amex Program Manager and across 10+ exciting products to standardize and share best practices to ensure internal and external alignment on dependencies, timelines, roadmaps, and strategy.
We are looking for someone who is strategic, technical, highly organized and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business. The ideal candidate will be a driver with strong communication skills who enjoys working through white space to develop and implement a shared portfolio vision.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Product Program Manager and across the Technical Project Managers of the One Amex suite to develop a deep understanding of the products and features
- Provides a portfolio level view across all products that shows progress of what has been committed on a pre-defined cadence
- Define and manage how the teams should be operating to allow visibility into the delivery process
- Continued coaching for the teams on best practices around sizing, grooming, prioritization, dependency mapping, etc.
- Facilitate conversations / solutioning between teams and non-OA teams where there may be dependencies or linkages
- Runs retros, sprint planning and demos, PI planning, etc.
- Publish commitments of planning sessions (whether they be sprint or PI planning sessions)
- Co-Lead monthly product and tech syncs with leadership team, providing updates and escalating risks
- Trouble-shoot issues and surface up impediments with delivery
- Manage JIRA spaces: Request spaces, ensure consistency in set-up, enable necessary fields, and metrics dashboards
- Deep experience with teams working in Agile delivery and SAFe (Scaled Agile Frameworks) a plus
- Experience as a Release Train Engineer / Scrum Master preferably working on complex, enterprise level platforms
- Must have web technology stack experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Jira and Confluence highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Loves working in an entrepreneurial environment that is lean, fast paced, and dynamic.
- A strong “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Ability to lead through influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2019, 8:08:48 PM