Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides a comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have faster time-to-market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, and CI/CD automation pipelines for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud-native applications.
As a Program Manager, you will support the Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP) Organization reporting to our VP, CI/CD - working closely and collaborating with all members of the eCP leadership team (peers and directors). You are responsible for multiple activities including strategic presentations, communications, organization, planning, and execution of activities to help ensure the objectives of the CI/CD portfolio are met.
This role requires excellent thought leadership, critical thinking, relationship building skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. He or she will need to have a consistent track record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment.
· Own and handle special projects of high priority assisting the VP, CI/CD (eCP)
· Take initiative and assist leadership in tracking and driving day-to-day activities and issues
· Build organizational metrics dashboards to drive identification of improvement operational and financial opportunities
· Be assertive in driving time-sensitive asks from cloud VPs and Directors
· Build presentation and business cases for senior executive presentations (such as Business Update Reviews, Strategy Decks, Progress Updates)
· Assist with running business planning, administration, and operational processes (e.g., Leadership meetings, cost center management, goal setting and scorecard metrics)
· Deliver a broad range of communications including: All Hands & business updates and employee communications
· Embed with Engineering teams to identify/document meaningful business impacts
· Maintain data files relating to employees and contractors
· Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
· Collaborate with the various constituencies across the Company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the eCP leadership
· High Energy, motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership
· Lead projects with limited guidance
· Requires flexibility and ability to effectively function in a dynamic environment, including the ability to address ad hoc projects that arise based on developing business needs with urgency while balancing other priorities
· Preference for strong candidate for this role with superior organization, communication, decision making and planning skills
· The successful candidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management
· Able to communicate in a succinct and professional matter
· Attention to detail is critical
· Timely follow-up and tracking capability
· 2+ Years of management consulting experience as an Analyst or Associate
· Agile experience using Rally or Jira to generate productivity reporting
· 3+ years of creating Strategy, Business Plans and other senior leader presentations
· 3+ years of advance PowerPoint presentation preparation
· 3+ years of advance Excel
· High level of integrity for handling confidential information
· Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills
· Proven ability to influence without authority across peers and superiors and drive projects with little direction
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2019, 5:56:43 PM