At American Express we pride ourselves on being the world leader in customer service. The desire to care for our customers is the same attitude we have when solving for the needs of our colleagues and partners.
The Marketing Applications Platform Excellence team develops applications and systems that power global campaign delivery for American Express. We are looking for creative web application developers to join our team to contribute toward the shared success of our company.
As a leading member of our team you will create full stack web applications with an emphasis on quality, usability, and innovation. You will need to practice empathy for our internal users by understanding their needs and solving for them in new and imaginative ways.
Do you want to help us become a better team?
What to expect:
- Lead end-to-end web application development on a multi-functional team
- Learn how to build applications using our in-house framework and help coach others along the way
- Collaborate with product owners to understand business needs and turn them into acceptance criteria
- Mentor teammates through code review, pair programming, and process refinement
- Increase the confidence in our deployments by improving testing and reliability frameworks
- Investigate and resolve production issues with the help of our site reliability team
- Innovate and implement new technologies in an effort to improve multiple teams and applications
Join us if you:
- Have at least 3+ years of experience in Web Development
- Proficient with front end frameworks and state management similar to React.js / Redux
- Are comfortable working in an environment based on Agile development methodologies and DevOps principles
- Take initiative to collaborate with others in order to find solutions to the team's problems
- Want to join a team that is always trying to improve and grow!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019, 4:40:35 PM