This position is for American Express Legal which is the In-House legal unit responsible for asset recovery focusing on collection of outstanding defaulted debt on credit card accounts.
As a member of our In-House legal team located in Pasadena, California you’ll:
- Drafting of litigation documents
- Significant presence in courtroom proceedings including bench trials
- Supervising administrative support staff throughout daily functions
- Enforcement of post judgement remedies
- 3 years' experience in all phases of the litigation process for the collection of credit card debt with emphasis on post judgment collection, inclusive of trial experience.
- Admission to the Bar of the state of California
- Juris Doctor Degree from ABA Accredited law school
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience
- J.D. and qualified to practice law in relevant jurisdiction (Candidates with this qualification will be given the title of Associate Counsel; those without it will be given the title of Legal Manager.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands while maintaining high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both oral and written format
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Location: Pasadena, CA
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2019, 9:26:32 AM