Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you see data or a better way to
improve business and lives?
Today, there’s a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you’ll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you’ll be doing.
There’s no end to the data that’s created every day and the opportunities you find here. But these are just some of your responsibilities:
- Document data requirements/data stories and maintain data models
- Support the management of data assets according to enterprise standards, guidelines and policies
- Help build and enhance the database design that supports our business portfolio
- Work collaboratively with business and product teams
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Experience with design and development across one or more database management systems
- Understanding of Big data / NOSQL design and development with variety of data stores
At the core of Data Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Database Design
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Analytical Thinking
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 3:43:43 PM