Manager/Sr Manager-Business Development-19003594
Manager/ Senior Manager, Business Development – Global Digital Payments & Partnerships
The Amex Digital Labs team is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at Amex by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Our growing suite of products includes: digital membership engagement in Amex and partner channels, mobile wallets, wearables, internet of things and tokenization initiatives.
The Global Digital Strategy, Partnerships and Enablement team is responsible for driving strategy, partnerships and operations to drive digital payments spend and digital membership engagement. The Director of Digital Strategy & Business Development manages several key areas of scope.
First, the individual will support strategy projects covering digital payments, digital membership engagement and identity trends across the globe by conducting primary and secondary research, consulting with internal/external experts and through discussions with external partners. Second, the individual will source new and manage existing digital partners by identifying partnership opportunities, negotiating strategic partnership deals and managing ongoing relationships. Third, the individual will manage project deployment to launch digital proprietary payments/digital membership engagement/identity solutions and partnerships around the world, including central program management and collaboration with cross-functional teams spanning product management, engineering, marketing/communications, legal and other key stakeholder groups.
- Establish, manage and optimize partner relationships with key players in the messaging, voice assistant and digital payments space
- Manage business operations and collaborate with a product team on integration work required to deliver new partnerships and maintain existing ones
- Work with cross-functional internal and external teams for the development and management of new digital partnerships
- Participate in the development of strategies that drive digital payments and membership innovation; develop go-to-market plans and implement long-term strategies for success
- Identify new business opportunities, negotiate strategic partnerships, and obtain internal alignment from key stakeholders
- Work closely with colleagues across the company to identify opportunities to extend partnerships and platform capabilities; ensure inclusion of all relevant assets from different lines of business
- Coordinate with marketing and PR to create "360" plans which generate maximum reach and scale
- Keep abreast of the digital landscape to identify new partnership opportunities that can bring American Express to life in unique ways, drive the strategic roadmap of existing partnerships, and monitor the competition
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop winning digital product and platform strategies
- Creative thinker who can collaborate with product and partner teams to brainstorm, use design thinking and empathy to develop compelling consumer experiences
- Quantitative analytical skills to model customer adoption and usage, assess financial and business impact of partnerships
- Ability to work with partners and legal team to effectively negotiate partnership deals
- Exceptional project management skills to lead end-to-end partnership delivery across key verticals – engineering & technology, marketing, customer service, information security, etc.
- Exceptional skill in driving results against aggressive timelines, managing multiple priorities and executing flawlessly
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the ability to work with stakeholders across different functions, colleagues at all levels, and with partners
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and digital trends across categories; desire to work on dynamic, innovative and evolving initiatives in the digital, mobile and alternative payments space
- Experience in working with technical and product development teams is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019, 1:02:27 PM