The role is responsible for global and regional client relationship management of a portfolio of strategic, high value clients from within the Global Client Group segment at Global Corporate Payments.
The individual will be accountable for leading the overall program strategy, focusing on driving program growth, product penetration through the cross sell of other Global Corporate Payment products and solutions and in understanding and collaborating to deliver against customer goals and objectives.
Responsibility includes developing and executing the customer strategy, maintaining open channels of communication between the global, regional and local client and account management teams and deepening and expanding business relationships with key decision makers. Overall accountability is for customer satisfaction, program growth and global retention.
The position reports to a local Account Development team leader but strategy and all activities will closely align with Global Client Group strategy. The position has dotted line reporting relationship with head of JAPA regional Global Client Group.
- Responsible for global and regional client management, driving growth and retention of a portfolio of high value and highly engaged Global Client Group customers mainly whose HQ function and final decision makers are located in Japan.
- Develop and execute strategic Partnership Plans and Account Reviews that add value to the client’s business while ensuring that American Express’ revenue and profit objectives are met, with clearly defined outcomes and measurement metrics. Apply consultative selling techniques to direct activities toward a positive outcome.
- Expand business relationships with key decision makers, key stakeholders, C level contacts and other influencers, ensuring that we develop and maintain a broad network of sponsors from across the businesses.
- Develop profitable portfolio growth opportunities, through the cross sell of Global Corporate Payments products including the full suite of T & E products and Corporate Purchasing Solutions, partnering with local Account Development, Sales Acquisitions Managers and GBD to drive outcomes.
- Identify and execute solutions that result in customer satisfaction and build long-term loyalty.
- Establish a culture of timely and disciplined communication between the internal Global, Regional and local Amex Account teams and with the customer.
- Ensure accounts are highly penetrated and engaged in using online tools and value added solution
- Maintain a thorough understanding of competitive landscape with ability to build defensive/offensive strategies.
- Maintain general business knowledge and an awareness of how external factors (Political, Legal, Economic and Technological, Social) will affect client and American Express business and leverage to support and direct client engagement and behavior.
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading business development and client management with large or multinational corporations across JAPA.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills to support C level discussions with key client stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of Commercial Card products and features – minimum across JAPA
- Experience in articulating American Express global value propositions and translate into specific and tangible account action plans and results
- Demonstrated success in developing and leveraging strategic relationships - Solid results orientation, ability to set and execute against business goals, demonstration of a will to win and personal accountability
- Ability to work within a complex matrix organization within American Express and at a client level - Strong collaboration and thought leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of competitive products and value propositions
- Understanding of the drivers of Corporate Card profitability
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet) and understanding of technology in the Corporate Expense Management industry, including understanding of ERP/finance systems
- Language: Native level Japanese and excellent verbal and written business English communication skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 6:53:13 AM