Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Designs, develops, solves problems, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications. Focus in HR recruiting applications including Taleo and TCC along with the data interface design and development.
- Entry level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Up to 6 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Confirmed experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Taleo Enterprise Edition and Taleo Connect Client (TCC) subject matter expert
- XML, SQL, and XSL as related to TCC/API requirements. Experience programming and vlookups in Excel.
- Preferred: Recruiting AI experience
- Preferred: Recruiting Candidate portal experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 2:10:35 PM