American Express is embarking on an exciting journey encouraged by an ambitious team of highly skilled collaborators. This group is nimble and innovative with the power to shape our technology by delivering groundbreaking products. This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Finance Data Management & Analytics organization within American Express Technologies and join us as we deliver success!
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take a larger leadership role in identify, define, and drive platform capabilities within the Finance domain, influencing product roadmaps that add new value to the overall American Express organization. They will play a lead role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to drive the evolution of complex data sources and user requirements into successful product releases.
Please note, salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
- Drive the conceptualization, development, and delivery of Finance platforms, products and solutions for our customers across multiple product teams.
- Coordinate with product, business, technologies, and other partners to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
- Use your experience and acumen to facilitate innovative solutions and alternatives to complex business issues.
- Identify, track and monitor key platform and team benchmarks, achievements, and critical metrics for the program
- Provide transparency into processes across a variety of product teams and overcome impediments
- Communicate release, program, and platform improvements and increase data standardization across Finance using Agile SAFE methodology
- Provide in-house, informal agile mentoring to our product and business teams
This high energy, change oriented candidate must have:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience, using Agile methodologies, preferably in SAFE
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
Experience with the following:
- Demonstrated experience building platform roadmaps and effectively interpreting platform objectives and outcomes; as well as challenges and supporting the team in delivering innovative solutions
- Deep understanding of all aspects of platform capabilities, with a demonstrated consistent record of growing responsibility
- Possess a high degree of savviness and experience, with a keen ability to learn groundbreaking technology quickly and easily, preferably in cloud enabled or native environments, Flink, MemSQL, Kafka, and APIs. Ability to learn new technologies and exploit them to their highest potential
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to specification. PMI, Scrum Master, Release Train certification is helpful
- Drive program, release level and platform roadmap improvements and standardization activities using SAFE as the primary framework
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed, raising expectations
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across third parties, colleagues, and business product managers.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively with a consistent track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Confirmed ability to balance change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and platform/process improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking; while mentoring/guiding team members to success
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2019, 2:42:02 PM