Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software in the Cybersecurity domain and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, designing platform software
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that designs and develops CyberSecurity Products
Are you up for the challenge?
- A BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 9+ years of distributed and platform software design and development experience
- Ability to conceptualize innovative CyberSecurity Products and services
- Strong skills in C++ or GoLang
- Strong skills in developing against SQL or NoSQL databases
- Has worked with GCP, AWS or Azure public cloud platforms
- Some background in the Security domain is a plus
At the core of Software Engineering
Every me must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Development Practices
- Leading and mentoring peers and junior engineers in a matrix relationship
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2019, 12:00:05 AM