There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications – performs hands-on architecture, design, development and testing of systems
- Functions as a senior member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of Salesforce.com applications, testing, and building automation tools
- Mentors engineers and may have responsibilities over 2-3 engineers
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Contributes to blueprint and assists product managers with annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms
- Typically spends 50+% of time writing code, conducting code reviews and testing in support of product/platform release with ongoing sprints or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Uses visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts
- Works closely with other engineers, architects and project management throughout the course of the development lifecycle to ensure business objectives are met
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- 8+ years of total software experience architecting, designing, programming and configuring the enterprise applications including ‘some’ of below -
- 5+ years of experience Marketing Automation Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) platform and its core capabilities, i.e. Contact Builder, Journey Builder, email content, etc.
- 3+ years of experience Salesforce Sales Cloud experience
- Experience with REST APIs, Messaging will be plus.
This high energy Senior Engineer must have:
- Ability to effectively communicate across technical, and business product managers on solution design and architecture
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Working knowledge and experience using Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Solid technical understanding of distributed and web-based applications as well as relational databases
- Demonstrated willingness to seek out across the industry to understand new technologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Advanced Salesforce.com, Cloud certifications preferred.
- Experience with other enterprise-level financial applications a plus
- Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
- Also required is a strong will-to-win and drive results with a proven ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results. High levels of energy, engagement and ownership. Ability to travel for short periods, if necessary. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019, 5:40:13 PM