American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Enterprise Platforms: Building the platform for speed and innovation at American Express.
We are on a mission to dramatically improve speed to market, agility and efficiency at American Express by:
Reimagining solution delivery with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
Enterprise Platforms (EP) is a center of excellence, bringing together product management and related engineering functions. The Platform Strategy team within EP is responsible for our enterprise initiative to transform core platforms, while piloting and scaling new software delivery models. We are also responsible for ensuring the financial health of the organization and alignment of processes to the overall Technology investment strategy.
As a Portfolio Analyst you will be a key member of the Platform Strategy, Value Optimization team, with a range of responsibilities contributing to both financial and technology investment process goals. In this role, you will work closely with internal and external partners to use your highly refined analytical skills to enable better decision-making. More specifically, you will:
- Own the creation, distribution and management of various weekly/monthly compliance reporting packages to ensure accuracy in key financial drivers
- Manage both inputs and outputs associated with business tech investment priorities, including maintaining portfolio data in systems of record and supporting cadenced production of rolling roadmaps and capacity views for key customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with platform teams to ensure proper work item linking and a high degree of data quality in agile management tools.
- Collect, consolidate, reconcile and analyze large data sets across financial and portfolio disciplines to uncover meaningful data trends in relationship to Enterprise Platforms performance goals.
- Develop ways to visualize data and trends and produce quality documentation and artifacts.
- Monitor and communicate performance around key financial and portfolio indicators and recommend improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- Highly developed data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Product Management, Engineering and Agile software development practices required.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines through strong planning, coordination and follow-up.
- Demonstrated skill in handling multiple concurrent initiatives and adjusting quickly to shifting priorities
- Knowledge of financial operating principles and demonstrated financial management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, across variety of channels (email, Skype, Slack etc.)
- Ability to network and collaborate within and across teams toward common outcomes
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and willing to challenge the status quo
- Experience using Rally, Jira, Confluence and Apptio is highly favored
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2019, 2:09:17 PM