Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of highly skilled Technical Project Managers and leaders within Global Corporate Services (GCS) Technology Product Delivery and Integration team.
You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for enhancing and supporting Global Commercial Services’ platforms. You will also play a key role in partnering with business and technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities. Our team follows agile methodology and uses the latest distributed development technologies to design, build, test and support software that meets the needs of the business and improve upon it through operational ownership.
In this role you will work in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to build and prioritize the product backlog. Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met.
Provide program management support for Global Corporate Services Technologies (GCPT) Program, Development and Integration team.
This role will focus on planning, directing and coordinating large strategic programs from initiation through to implementation. Leads cross-functional project and program teams and works with internal customers to establish and interpret project/program objectives into solutions.
Responsibilities for this position include planning, organizing, and monitoring development activities across multiple Technical Project Managers and global application/sprint teams.
Oversees execution of cross-functional development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate.
Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution, risk management and removing obstacles to ensure commitments are met.
Pro-actively anticipates program/project(s) risks and issues and ensures that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery.
Ensures effective usage of change control procedures and processes to maintain control on scope, schedule and cost.
Contributes to continual process improvement or re-engineering activities.
Provides regular project status updates and reports to E2E Project team and reports to support GCS, project partners, and Project Steering committee sessions.
Position will be responsible for managing multiple priorities.
This TPM must have:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- 7+ years of Software Project Management experience, part of it using Agile methodologies
- Experience in SAFe preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- PMI certification is a plus
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
Experience with the following:
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our platform/customers
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, MapReduce, Python, SPARK, ML)
- Experience with web services and open API development, as well as SOA concepts, is a plus
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express
in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 7:18:55 PM