Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just build software, you'll impact lives daily.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re passionate about crafting breakthrough applications and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, the Enterprise Platform team was established in 2018 to reimagine the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams build solutions by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K+ Sales, CRM, and Marketers around the world.
- Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience as a member of an Agile team
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce in an Administrator, Project Manager or Developer capacity (preferred)
- Understanding of the Salesforce platform and its primary functions
- Ability to learn new technologies and embrace the challenge learning presents
- A self-starter, comfortable talking through requirements in detail with business partners
- Strong and current knowledge of web standards, emerging technologies and trends
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2019, 1:14:58 AM