American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) provides our Card Members around the world with a full range of travel services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing the broader travel experience. It is our mission to become essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services. To accomplish this, we must make Membership come to life every day.
In this exciting role as Director, Platinum Specialty Travel and CoE, you will be responsible for in excess of 300 virtual and center-based colleagues, so the ability to create followership will be essential. We are looking for an individual who is a proven people leader in a contact center environment, with excellent coaching abilities to develop his or her team. As our ambassador for the service, you will also have direct contact with some of our Card Members, so a high level of diplomacy & sensitivity will be required. The overall focus will be on maintaining world class service delivery which enhances our Card Members' experience, creating brand advocates.
- Leading a large cross functional multi-channel organization of 300+ direct and indirect colleagues, creating and executing a successful inbound sales and service model with other TLS Director peers.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams, such as Workforce Planning, Recruitment and Learning & Development, along with other American Express lines of business to ensure business plans are aligned and accurate.
- Acting as a contact for the product and benefit teams on new product development specific to cruise and tour benefits.
- Analyzing Card Member trends and digital needs to develop a strategic plan to drive sales/revenue and increase Card Member utilization across cruise and tour.
- Overseeing key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis with the goal of improving productivity, profitability, and performance levels.
- Managing projects from inception, through creation, implementation and evaluation.
- Setting the strategy for improving compliant management across the next 3 years.
- Proven multi-level people leadership skills, coupled with the ability to build team cohesiveness, trust and respect.
- Ability to lead large, complex initiatives involving multiple business groups and stakeholders; strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and motivate groups, being a champion of change.
- Experience driving transformational change in a business or group.
- Demonstrated “Customer-first” mentality, focusing on driving an improved customer experience.
- Clear and effective communication, to ensure that strategic direction and objectives for the business are understood and future needs are supported.
- Proven track record of increasing sales/revenue and customer base within a virtual and onsite environment.
- Strong analytical and financial knowledge including at least 3 years of experience with P&L responsibilities.
- Technologically savvy, with a keen focus on digital experience and awareness of social media, as this will be part of a broader travel offering.
- Knowledge of the latest luxury travel brands and trends.
- In depth understanding of regulatory compliance requirements in handling Card Member complaints and disputes.
- A strong conviction to succeed and an ability to achieve the impossible.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. High intellectual capacity is paramount.
- Ability to travel domestically 25% of the year.
This role will be based in our Sunrise, FL Service Center.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2019, 9:32:44 PM