- Ensuring end to end delivery of market procurement strategy
- Coaching and leading a team of procurement professionals to implement category management strategies and plans for the related sourcing activity
- Developing savings plans by developing and maintaining competitive market intelligence, achieve stakeholder buy-in, execute and track them to closure
- Developing and accountable for the relationships across all Blue Box Business Unit leaders in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with vendor partners
- Act as the coordination point for all local and global engagement related to the relevant markets
- Maintain and promote Amex Blue Box Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
- Thorough understanding of contract law, sourcing strategies, supplier development and complex negotiations across multiple markets with good competitive market knowledge and strong knowledge of Amex policies and processes
- Successfully manage time pressure, work against deadlines, and deliver strong results on schedule; prioritize based on customer or business need, urgency, and/or importance; effectively integrate and align with internal business partners
- Leading or participating in the negotiation of new contracts and/or changes to existing contracts and working with Global and / or Local teams and with Contract Delivery and Execution team
- Handling multiple and competing priorities both internally in procurement and within the business
- Actively support global and regional Global Supply Management initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Mandarin)
- Proven Procurement experience in Hong Kong and China (English and Mandarin)
- Contract knowledge and experience of negotiating contracts in Mandarin
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic sourcing experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience managing large complex sourcing projects and change initiatives is a benefit
- Understanding of internal business and external environment
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China.
- Proven experience providing thought leadership to overcome challenges and lead without direct authority
- Strong project management skills and financial management experience including development of CBA's, PowerPoint presentations and financial models
- Solid knowledge and proven experience working with a cross-functional teams to develop and execute complex, time and commercial sensitive strategies
- People Leader experience and proven ability to drive results and prioritize work activities
- Ability to translate and develop concepts, visions and complex business requirements into workable plans
- Ability to lead, develop and influence team members
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, and at times unstructured environment and maintain flexibility to meet the changing needs of the customer, business units, and American Express
- Experience with various eProcurement tools will be advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree as minimum with CIPS qualification, MBA/Post graduate degree as a plus (or relevant experience)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 2:41:58 AM