Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business-critical capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Liaise between Global Infrastructure, collaborate with development and partner interfacing teams.
· Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. DT1, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
· Effectively lead a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
· Function as member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
· Off hours and weekend support on a rotating schedule.
· Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
· Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
· Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline and/or experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Must be able to work off hours on a rotating schedule or a set schedule if preferred, to support a 24 x 7 collaborative team environment.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
· Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
· Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
· ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
· Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud.
· Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
· Working knowledge in one of more of the following areas:
o PRPC (PegaRULES Process Commander)
o Mainframe technologies, COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS
o Control M – Mainframe / Distributed
o React framework
· Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
· DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure
· Building live production APIs and services
· Experience with automation development
· Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
· Hands-on expertise with
application design, software development and automated testing.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2019, 11:02:17 AM