There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is an opportunity to join the Marketing Experience Analytics team which supports the Marketing Business Unit within Technology. If you have the desire to tell a story with data, and the talent to seamlessly integrate customer information across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, this is the team for you!
As an Engineer, you will join a Technology team which creates next-generation analytic capabilities for marketers, product teams, and senior leaders. This group is nimble and creative, with an entrepreneurial mission to stretch the art of the possible. This team develops Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions, creating insights about Card Members across the full spectrum of digital channels, including search, mobile, email, social, and web.
- Design, development, and testing of individual software components, modules, and services.
- Being a member of an agile team and helping drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation.
- Participating in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debugging software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automating deployments in test or production environments.
- Identifying improvement opportunities (code quality, performance, automation etc.) within projects and acts on own initiative without being prompted, including making appropriate decisions as necessary.
- Providing feedback to team members in code reviews
- Influencing team members with innovative changes and continuous improvements
- Having a strong will to win and drive results, with a proven ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results.
- High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
- Ability to travel for short periods, if necessary.
- Software Development experience in a professional environment with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and/or databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Java, Scala, and/or Python, Shell Scripting is preferred.
- Experience with Big Data (MapReduce, HDFS, Hive) and distributed systems, machine learning, and/or data mining is preferred.
- Experience with RESTful web services, including API design and implementation is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Spark or other streaming data frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with Jupyter is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019, 10:41:54 AM