This role will lead the GNS Strategy, Pricing, & Analytics team. GNS is one of the fastest growing business units at American Express.
The individual will lead the newly created global GNS Strategy, Pricing, and Analytics team, part of the GNS central organization, leading experienced strategy and analytics professionals.
The focus points being ownership and development of winning strategies, partnership and pricing models for the GNS business. This will include pricing and coverage strategies across our worldwide business in order to deliver coverage and sector share; spend per customers; NCA; merchant and card activation; revenue growth; number of new partners and renewal and revenue/profit yield per partner.
To identify business opportunities and enable business growth, this individual will partner closely with the local and regional teams to further develop and communicate partner analyses.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a cohesive pricing strategy across network, acquirer, and issuing models that delivers coverage/issuing goals and revenue targets
- Develop GNS pricing constructs and policies and monitor adherence to contracts and to policies. Ensure pricing operational excellence.
- Accountability for delivering across key metrics – including coverage and sector share; spend per customers; NCA; merchant and card activation; revenue growth; number of new partners and renewal and revenue/profit yield per partner; reduce pricing implementation risks
- Optimize partner pricing terms and support new partners and renewals
- Develop scalable data solutions to partners such as: spend enablement solutions; SOW merchant and CM targeting.
- Support partner renewals and new partner deals through bespoke analyses
- Manage the annual GNS Plan and SQP process, including identification and prioritization of investments for GNS with a global view on sequencing and trade-offs
- Provide strategic thought leadership to ensure the identification of the optimal business model by market for GNS and development of coverage strategies in our non-prop markets
- Manage an experienced team, situated across a range of regional locations, supporting their professional development and their ability to deliver against their targets
- Develop strategic relationships with a wide range of key decision makers and influencers within bank partners, business development leaders (BDL); controllership; finance; GMS pricing; risk; IM; marketing, and GNO
- Develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and successfully deliver results in a matrix organization
- Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed
- Advanced practitioner of analytics and experience in developing and implementing analytical strategy and development of reporting. Highly numerate with an ability to clearly communicate complex issues
- Experience in design of pricing constructs and policy and contract terms and application of these to business deals
- Strong strategic thinking, able to synthesize complex data and information into a clear and actionable business model
- Experience with complete payment ecosystem (network, issuing, acquiring) and ability to develop simple solutions
- Excellent relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organization (to C-Level) and within Amex
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with experience in the Amex planning process. Ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end.
- Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity
- Excellent external, local market trends and competitive landscape knowledge
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions
- Excellent leadership, influencing skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations
- Able to lead internal and external resources to deliver against key initiatives
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019, 10:53:15 PM