There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to tackle their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t live life without it
Job Description –
The Global Risk Technology team develops and manages critical components and platforms for new products being launched to support the next generation of customers across market segments. Join us and you could be a core part of this future, running software engineering teams developing against platform vision.
The Engineering Director for Global Risk Technology will be responsible for execution of operations and L1 support in credit and fraud risk cornerstone platforms. This position will be focused on ensuring real-time monitoring across all credit and fraud risk journeys and uses cases running on cornerstone and are established in accordance to production support standards and driving actionable response to operating procedures.
The success of this role involves delivering results through the development of Level 1 team that provides world-class service delivery to individual journeys, and business capabilities across credit and fraud risk via product updates, identifying production issues proactively, proactive monitoring and more. Moreover, implementing a support approach for 24x7x365 monitoring of critical business capabilities and platforms. This role is expected to implement best in class DevOps practices. The role requires extensive engagement and close collaboration with multiple partners and engineering teams. This position will have a team of direct reports including colleagues and vendor partner resources.
- Lead team in providing best-in-class L1 support
- Implement proactive automated monitoring and tooling
- Identify gaps in operations and systematically solution
- Provide timely and transparent communication to senior leadership on impacts and status
- Lead team to build tooling to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Service Assurance - Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure: Collaborate and partner with engineering teams and interfacing business teams.
- Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events.
- Drive Problem resolution and create user stories.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively participate on a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as the leader of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Provide monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer.
- Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc.
- Monitor and measure accuracy of inbound data feeds, data conditioning processes and work with Engineering leaders to identify and drive resolution of quality gaps.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- 10+ years of active engineering experience in a complex environment/or comparable experience.
- Active engineering experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Advanced knowledge of big data concepts, tools and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java).
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud. Deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and components
- ITIL processes knowledge: Event, Incident, Change, Problem Management and Knowledge Management.
- Experience with identifying Application / Infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated
- Lead and Implement plans for disaster recovery, high availability, issue mitigation, contingency, and security as needed
- Develop custom automation in order to streamline support processes.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels across functions, from both technical and non-technical perspectives alike
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross communication process
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a highly competitive market
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment with the ability to convey passion, energy and intensity
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and technology evolution and is a change agent with external technology contributions
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 6:24:25 AM